- Do make time for relaxing meals. Look, smell and enjoy the experience of eating.
- Do make your eating environment comfortable and attractive.
- Do eat foods you like and prepare them to suit your taste.
- Do plan dinners with others often. It can be a lot of fun.
- Do eat breakfast before beginning your day.
- Do plan your meals if you have a busy schedule. You are more likely to eat well.
- Do remember that eating well is part of living well.
- Do learn to cook food properly. It will improve flavor and increase retention of nutrients.
- Do make certain you relax during meals.
- Do keep in mind that eating is one of our greatest pleasures. Eating with others can be very intimate and personal.
By Shonna Krecker
- Don’t read or get involved in activities while eating. Savor your food.
- Don’t stand up while eating.
- Don’t eat the same foods repeatedly. Variety is usually healthier.
- Don’t count calories. Focus on enjoying your food and staying healthy.
- Don’t be a meal skipper.
- Don’t just eat whatever is handy, that is cheating yourself.
- Don’t exercise to wear off calories. Let feeling fit be your goal from exercise.
- Don’t be afraid to fry some foods. Low heat and small amounts
of oil make this possible without increasing calories or losing
- Don’t eat alone.
- Don’t feel guilty about something that is healthy and good.
Star Trac Education Manager